Teaching for Mastery Webinars
Here are some of the webinars we have run exploring different aspects of Teaching for Mastery.
Collaboration within departments
The videos below are also mentioned in the webinar.
TRG filming Y7 introduction to algebra
Y7 remote TRG
Teach Meet Resources
Each Year we run a Teaching for Mastery Teach Meet with hundreds of teachers in the region coming together to connect and share best practice from their classrooms. The links below contain a sample of the resources shared on the night.
Materials to support the planning and delivery of Maths teaching both in school and online
For Primary Schools
- 180 primary video lessons produced during the first lockdown. Each lesson has an accompanying teacher guide and PowerPoint slides of the lesson for teachers to adapt themselves
- Resources linked to the DfE guidance published in July 2020. These include ready-to-use training materials, a short introductory video and a suite of 79 PowerPoints focusing on the ready-to-progress criteria found in the DfE guidance
Additional training materials addressing the transition between Year 6 and Year 7 which are particularly relevant when pupils in Year 6 have had their maths learning disrupted
For Secondary Schools
- An evidence-based guidance document to support discussions about recovery curriculum content and pedagogy
- A series of ‘Planning to teach…’ videos and PowerPoint slides offering advice on teaching crucial KS3 topics
- CPD materials including a one-hour training session to help understand the implications for Year 7 of the DfE primary guidance
- Six Departmental Workshops for any teachers able to engage in collaborative professional development
All these resources are accessible from the dedicated Covid support page on the NCETM website